10 Things To Know When Applying For a US Non Immigrant Visa
Thailand is not a visa waiver country. Which means you have to obtain a visa before you enter the USA. If you are a Thai national, then you must get a US immigration attorney to obtain a non-immigrant visa. You have to submit an application to the US embassy in Bangkok or to the US consulate at Chiang Mai. In case you want to visit the USA on a temporary visit and want to apply for a non-immigrant visa, here are a few things to consider before you do that:
1. Determine the type of visa you are going to apply for. Each has different requirements. Go through that and select the right one for you.
2. Fill the DS-160 form. You have to do it online and submit it. Get a print out of the completed forms as you will need it during the interview.
3. Make sure that you fill the form accurately. Once submitted, you cannot make any further changes. In case you need any assistance, consult an immigration lawyer.
4. You have to pay the visa fee once you have filled the form. You can pay the fee in US dollars or your local currency. Before you do that, read the guidelines for visa payment options. Create your profile and keep the receipt number with you. This number is required to book a visa appointment.
5. Once your fee is paid, you will receive an email notifying you about the completion of the process. After that, you can schedule an appointment.
6. For scheduling an appointment, you need to furnish information such as passport number, your receipt number, and the barcode number from the DS-160 page.
7. Once the interview is scheduled, take a printout of the appointment confirmation page. You have to show this during the interview.
8. On the scheduled day, visit the US Embassy or US consulate.
9. You need to produce documents such as the print out of your appointment confirmation page, the DS-160 confirmation page, passport, photo and other supporting evidence.
10. If your visa is approved, then it will be sent to the location you have selected during scheduling an appointment.
We hope that these tips will help you understand the process to obtain US Non immigrant visa in Thailand. Always consult a lawyer before you apply for a non-immigrant visa. You can get in touch with us. Our team of experienced lawyers will ensure that your application process is smooth and you don’t face any legal hassles in obtaining a visa. Call us today at +66 26260277.Tags : immigration Bangkok, US Non immigrant visa, US Non immigrant visa Thailand, visa usa Bangkok, visa usa thailand,