Rules To Follow After You Receive Your Work Permit for Thailand
Working in Thailand without a work permit is illegal. So, it is required for a foreigner to apply for the work permit in Thailand before thinking to opt for working in Thailand. There are certain rules and regulations that need to be followed when applying for a work permit. Abide by the law and receive your work permit without any hassle.
Even after your work permit is accepted, few regulations need to be followed. Here, are a few.
1. As government officers conduct random checks in the offices, so, keeping your work permit and other official documents along with you all the time is a must. If not found, then you will be liable to pay a fine of about 1,000 baht.
2. It is important that you carry out your work as per the information in the work permit. If you wish to change your occupation or location of work, then applying for a revision of the work permit is mandatory. If violated, then you can end up in the prison for not less than 2 months or can be liable to pay a fine of 2,000 baht.
3. If you are nearing the date of expiration of your work permit and you want to continue working in Thailand, then reapplying before the expiration date is recommended. Failing to do so, will result in your imprisonment of up to 3 months or paying a fine of 5,000 baht.
4. Do not lose your work permit in any circumstance. If found lost, then reapply for the new one within a period of 15 days. If you fail to do so, then expect a fine of 500 baht.
5. If you decide to resign from the job, then it is advisable that you return the work permit within 7 days from the date of resignation. Remember to do so, or else you will end up paying a fine of 1,000 baht.
For further information on a business work permit or an employment work permit in Thailand, contact us.Tags : thailand work permit, work permit, work permit for Thailand, work permit thailand,