Here’s why you should conduct Pre-marital background check in Thailand
“Marriage is not about age, it’s about finding the right partner”, said Sophia Bush.
In an Internet world today, where individuals meet on social sites and fall in love or where families still today to a great extent select a prospective through matrimonial sites, in both these cases, one can never be too sure of the background of the bride/bridegroom and what she/he claims.
Regardless of whether yours is an arrange marriage or a love marriage, there’s no reason why you should skip pre-matrimonial enquiry. Background checks will only make sure that you are getting into the right relation that will stand by you in all situations!
Focusing on why premarital background check is necessary in Thailand, here are a few things you should know about the country.
Pre-marital background check is all the more necessary for foreigners i.e. individuals from one country (say, America) to marry someone from another country (say, Thailand).
Thailand, like many other countries, is a place with a high degree of fraud and corruption. Hence, getting a background check or due diligence investigation is an important security decision – after business, marriage is an important area where expats hire private investigators.
There are all kinds of information you might want to know about your companion. Some of which is easy to find, and some it’s not. Consequently, there are many personal investigation & detective agencies in Thailand who provide such discrete investigation services. Let us know what all background checks generally covers:
- Identity Check: An identity check can provide you with information about who exactly it is you are going to marry and whether he/she is being honest with the most basic of personal information like Name, Age, Birthplace, and so on.
- Income/Financial Checks: Money situation affects every aspect of a marriage and you have the right to know the exact amount he/she procures.
- Family Background: Marriage is not a union of two people but two families. Hence, both the families should be true and provide complete information of one another.
- Marital Status Verification: It is important to know if your companion was ever married before, and if so, why was there a separation? Are there any offspring of the marriage, and does your companion have money related commitments?
- Criminal, Asset & Travel Record Check (optional)
Obviously, it’s not being recommended that a background check be done by everyone. Only if you presume something isn’t quite right or if you simply need to make sure that your companion is everything he/she says they are, then you should opt for it.
Pre-marital background check in particular has seen an increase in demand in the recent years due to increase in the rate of fraud and divorces. But thankfully, with technological advancements, it has become easy to keep a track of one’s personal life.Tags : Background checks, Identity Check, Marital Status Verification, Pre-marital background check,