Import & Export License in Thailand
Your business, if it’s to do with import or export activities, does not need to have a Thai majority of shareholders and you may carry on the business freely, subject to compliance with the regulations that are applicable in this category of business.
Don’t hesitate to call us if your interest lies in import and/or export, and we’ll get you on the road securely and speedily.
To import/export in Thailand, you will need to follow these steps:
Step 1 – File an Import Declaration
(Customs Form 99 or 99/1) manually or through the EDI system, then:
Step 2 – Prepare these supporting documents:
- Bill of Lading or Air Waybill
- 3 copies of Invoice
- Packing list
- Insurance premium invoice
- Release Form (Customs Form 100/1 or 469)
- Foreign Transaction Form if the import value exceeds Baht 500,000
- Import License (if applicable)
- Certificates of Origin (if applicable)
- Other relevant documents such as catalogues, product specifications, etc.
Step 3 – Submit the Declaration and Supporting Documents to Customs:
- You must submit the Import Declaration and all supporting documents for examination by Customs at the port of entry. The Customs officials will check that the Declaration has been properly completed and that the required supporting documents are attached.
- Customs tariff, tax and duty calculation, valuation of goods are also examined at this stage.
Step 4 – Pay relevant Import Duties and Taxes by one of these methods:
- Payment at the Customs Department
- Electronic Fund Transfer via the BOT’s BAHTNET
- Electronic Payment at Krung Thai Bank
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) via EDI
Step 5 – Inspect and Release Cargo from Customs:
- The Importer must submit the verified Declaration together with the payment receipt at the appropriate warehouse.
- Customs inspectors will then inspect the imported cargo against the Declaration made.
- If the inspected cargo corresponds to the Declaration made, the Customs inspectors will record the inspection result in the computer system and release the cargo to the importer.
As an importer or exporter, you know that the speed at which your goods are moved is key to your cash flow, and that depends to a large extent on the proper completion of all the requisite documents and processes.
You are welcome to take advantage of our expertise in all aspects of the import/export sector, to ensure the fast and secure movement of your goods.Tags : import export license thailand,