The Thai government has recently made it much easier for foreigners to acquire Thai Citizenship, and if you’re lucky enough to succeed in this, you will automatically enjoy the many advantages that come with your status. After the application has been approved and citizenship granted, you will no longer be considered a foreigner, and therefore can enjoy all the facilities to which every other Thai citizen is entitled.
- You can own homes, businesses, and land 100% in your name
- You won’t need a Thai Work Permit or a Thai Visa to enable you to work
- You can apply for a Thai Passport
- You can be the sole shareholder in any Thai company
Qualifications for Expedited Citizenship:
- You must have been living in Thailand for at least 3 consecutive years
- You need to have been employed and paying tax for at least 3 consecutive years
- You should be legally married to a Thai citizen
- You need to have a current Thai visa and full legal status to be in Thailand
- You need to be of good moral behavior with no criminal records
- You must have minimal Thai language skills
The entire process will take about 6-12 months from the time you submit the list of required documents for the application.
At times the process of application may be accelerated due to certain reasonable causes, such as marriage to a Thai national, impending birth of a child, or if the applicant has studied in a local university/college as an undergraduate.
Also note that under the new provisions of the Thai Nationality Act (No. 2) B.E. 2535 (A.D. 1992), any person, whether born inside or outside Thailand, whose father or mother has Thai nationality, is entitled to register his/her Thai nationality at the local district office where he/she wants to have his/her name registered in a house registration. He/she must submit various necessary documents.Tags : Thai Citizenship, Thailand Citizenship,