7 Most Frequently Asked Questions on Work Permit in Thailand
Listed below are a few frequently asked questions on the work permit in Thailand.
- Working without work permit in Thailand. Is it legal?
No. Working without work permit in Thailand is completely illegal.
- Do you need a work permit if you want to work in Thailand?
Well, yes, if you are considering to work in Thailand legally. Foreigners coming to Thailand to work will not be permitted unless they have a work permit, regardless of the visa.
- Do you need a visa to work in Thailand?
In order to secure your work permit in Thailand, you will require an initial visa that can be typically a non-immigrant visa.
- What is the minimum salary requirement in Thailand to be eligible to get the work permit?
The minimum salary varies from one country to another. Let’s take a look;
- South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore – Baht 45,000
- Countries in Asia, other than Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam Myanmar, Hong Kong and Laos; South Africa, Central America and, Mexico, Russia, Eastern Europe and South America – Baht 35,000
- Countries in Africa (except South Africa), Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar – Baht 25,000
- Countries in Europe (except Russia and eastern Europe), Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and Japan – Baht 50,000
- How can you do work permit renewal in Thailand?
In order to apply for work permit renewal you will require submitting these documents;
The main documents include;
- Application Form with 3 recent photos (3 x 4 cm.)
- Map showing your company’s/school’s location
- Copy of your education certificates and resume
- Passport and a copy of all pages in the passport
- Profession license copy
- Medical certificate
Documents based on the category of the employer;
- Thai Company Registration (copy)
- VAT Registration form Phor Por 01 (Copy)
- Copy of company license, like Factory License or Restaurant License;
- Social Security Payments (Copy)
- Private school teacher / Private University.
- Employment contract’s copy
- University must show certificate from the Ministry of Education
- Teacher license copy
- License of the school (copy)
- Educational certificate (copy)
- Government organization / Teacher of government school
- A certified letter from the government MOE and school;
- A copy of teacher license (in case of government school teacher)
- How much would work permit Thailand cost?
- For work permit application: 100THB
- For work permit less than 3 months: 750 THB government fee
- For work permit more than 3 months but less than 6 months: 1,500THB
- For 12-month work permit: 3,000 THB government fee
- What are the documents required for foreigners to apply for a work permit?
The foreigners must submit these below-mentioned documents to apply for a work permit;
- 2 inches photo
- original passport
- certificate of degree
- medical certificate
- letter of employment
- address in Thailand
Also, you need to get these documents from your employer;
- company certificate and objectives
- withholding tax of the company
- photocopy of the director’s passport along with the work permit
- list of shareholders
- employment agreement
- application for VAT
- financial statement
- office map
- letter of employment showing the position and applicant’s salary